Sunday, January 28, 2007

Week 4: Chepstow Race Course

Details: Nikon D80, Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3, focal length 28mm, 1/50 second @ f/18, ISO 100

Seems strange to take a picture of a race course and no horses but my wife and I were there for a a rock and gem show and were just captivated by the scenery. This shows the view from near to the finish post up the final straight towards the last bend and you can see the 1 furlong marker n the middle distance.

I only got to see this glorious part of the countryside a couple of weeks ago when I went to Monmouth and drove down the amazing Wye Valley, sadly to collect my ill daughter and then to get her car. Given the circumstances, I had no opportunity to take any pictures as I was running to a tight schedule but I am hoping to go back there sometime soon with camera and tripod to capture more of the place than just the glimpse from the race course. Tintern Abbey is one of the places in the Wye Valley that I glimpsed from the car midday and when the Abbey was lit up in the early evening and one place that my camera seems to be drawn towards.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this image, very bright, colorful. My favorite of yours so far this year. Keep it up.
T

Unknown said...

A very interesting image. I would have liked to see something at the end of the fence where its leading your eye. Its going into nothingness. I know it wasn't the right time for it, but would have been nice with a horse and jockey standing against the line, or the empty starting gates. something to look for in the future.

Mike Holley said...

The Wye Valley is beautiful, one of my favourite places.

Mike Holley said...

Doh!!

I was supposed to add... the undulating ground does add an interesting feature.

davidsmeaton said...

that's a lot of green ... looks really good too.

nice composition!!

cheers
david
super-dave.com

John M. Setzler, Jr. said...

Looks like a beautiful race course :) I know what you mean about time constraints. I have been up against those myself around here lately...