Monday, March 12, 2007

Week 10: A Touch of Spring

My wife and I went for a walk in the nearby "Linear Park". A beautiful day with sunshine and a general air of Spring. While walking I happened to spy these daffodils and decided that they are a great proclaimer of the rebirth of the land.

The sad thing is that a major land developer is trying to install a whole new community not too far from Linear Park, which is likely to have an adverse effect on the park and its wildlife. Their first attempt to get planning application for the development approved was defeated but, with the drive for profit seeming so high, they are planning another application. Looks like there is more to come.

3 comments:

bvlindalou said...

Nice shot. love the dof and the light. This is renewing my spring fever. Linear Park looks like a nice place to take a walk.

Kelly Steele said...

A nice touch of spring it is. I really like the background bokeh.

Terra Photography said...

Lovely shot of the flowers. I'm sorry to hear about the development though. Unfortunately, it happens all too often here as well. =(