Friday, December 29, 2006

Why This Blog...

This blog is a place for me to capture my "picture a week" for 2007, an undertaking that has been inspired by the Digital Photography Challenge (DPChallenge) web site. This is the first post to the blog and acts as a disclaimer for this work in progress.

Part of the sense of the PAW is to select a theme for the photographs and use that as the inspiration for the series. This, as is the blog, is a work in progress but will be something along the lines of:

  • Organic textures
  • Prime time (pictures only taken with a prime lens)
  • My neck of the woods
  • My world in black & white
  • The macro world
or some combination of the above. But I guess I will decide on this soon as I have to submit a photo in the next 10 days.

I guess the whole point of my participating in the PAW is to embark on a journey of some kind so this post is the first step I guess. To quote Greg Anderson:
Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.
Someone wish me "Bon voyage!"...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bon voyage, Carl!